Sunnova is a fast-moving, market leader in the residential solar and storage space; my newly created role extends those offerings to the C&I market vertical.
Sunnova now offers a complete suite of energy technologies and services tailored to meet specific energy needs, goals, and local utility rate structures for your business.
Fluence is solving the problem of energy storage to aid conversion to renewable energy sources – my profitability team spanned the entire portfolio of BESS product & services.
- Laser-focused on lowering initial customer investment; strong emphasis on container design, component sourcing, and on-site commissioning time.
- Developed long-term TCO roadmaps for long- and short-duration BESS offerings; those strategic actions generate 22% contribution improvement across the portfolio.
Fluence sold $1B worth of energy storage equipment in 2021, helping grids avoid dirty coal-burning “peaker” power plants.
Market definition role responsible for metrics like product growth, revenue and profit goals, roadmap and specification development, strategic account oversight, and global marketing strategy for VCSEL lasers.
- On-boarded two lead customers to new flagship line – $100M projected revenue over 5Y. Responsible for complete product definition, customer inputs, and performance-price roadmap for new-to-world offering.
- Eliminated inherent eye-safety risk (largest barrier to market adoption) by prioritizing component integration; reduced customer layout space 61%, increased product margin 19%. Strong IP protection prevents commoditization.
- Introduced new go-to-market strategy to drive adoption; released an ‘approved reference design’ with custom packaged VCSEL – anticipated $10M in revenue over 2Y.
- Avoided 8% margin erosion by executing a cost-out roadmap for a commodity product that aligned with negotiated customer price reduction targets.
- ‘Pruned’ product line offerings, increased portfolio margin 11%; data analysis isolated products not aligned to growth-strategy. Managed legacy product EOL, maintained 100% uptime for customers.
The rebranded company serves the industrial, communications, electronics, and instrumentation markets which represent a fast-growing total addressable market of $65 billion.
Organized and led all product development functions for the Enclosures Division: New Product Design (NPD), Engineer-to-Order (ETO), and Product Cost Reduction (VA/VE).
- Overhauled Engineer-to-Order process with standardized Lean Six Sigma methods:
- Reduced leadtime by 55%
- Increased sales 36% YOY to $4M in Y1
- Implemented quality gating system, first-time yields improved 28%
- NPD champion, grew vitality sales ($35M sales, 29% growth) across four product lines.
- Executed DFM project to reduce 21% material and 38% labor cost on a $4M flagship line; 3 patents awarded.
- Created and implemented tiered engineering career path ladders, succession plans, and organizational capability assessments.
Spearheaded material and labor reduction (VA/VE) projects with Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering, and Product Managers. Established VA/VE team; implemented a change-based culture to long-dormant product lines.
- Strategic oversight for $4.0M cost-out P&L (3% COGS) across seven production sites.
- Key transition member during M&A process. Partnered with technical leads in other divisions to identify $2.4M in actionable synergy cost-out projects.
- Lean 6 Sigma integration; reduced COGS 1.5% through labor efficiencies without sacrificing quality or leadtime.
Design lead for a global project team, consolidated products obtained through acquisitions with legacy offerings to a unified platform for the Oil and Gas industry.
- Executed 6 year initiative to reorganize mid-tier platform architecture. Formulated the design and IP process; 14 patents awarded.
- Converted legacy offerings from 20 disparate designs to a cohesive portfolio with 6 high-margin designs:
- $21M increase in globally served markets
- 63% supplier reduction
- 54% component reduction
- 28% blended margin improvement
- Led two Chinese product design teams; mentoring, managing deliverables, and driving consistent vision.
Outsourced flagship product lines to off-shore assembly house – responsible for process transfer, intellectual property, and on-site qualification.
Implemented DFMEA, PFMA, and a Control Plan to comply with stringent aesthetics and quality expectations.
Responsible for designing circuit board assembly tooling; reduced both cycle time and handling defects.